5 Moves to Flat Abs Fast
Melt away fat, shrink that waist, and tighten your entire core with this quick routine.
Do 12 to 15 reps each of the first four moves, resting as long as possible between sets. Finish by doing the fifth move (the cardio blast), as fast as you can with good form for 30 seconds. Rest for up to 70 seconds, and then repeat the entire circuit once or twice. Do this routine 3 to 4 times a week on alternate days.
- Power Plank (works shoulders, chest, abs, obliques)
- Start in forearm plank position with elbows under shoulders. Keep forearms and feet fixed as you life hips and, in one fluid movement, drive left knee toward left elbow. Return to start; repeat on right leg to complete 1 rep.
- Tap and Tone (works abs, obliques)
- Sit with bent and feet flat. Lean back about 45 degrees and extend arms at chest height in front of you, palms pressed together. Raise feet off floor. Rotate torso and arms to the right and try to tap fingertips to floor, then twist upper body to the left and tap the floor. Return arms to center to complete 1 reps.
- The Big Crunch (works abs)
- Lie face up with legs extended in front of you, feet together. Stretch your arms overhead with palms facing ceiling, to start. Engage abs and sit up, raising torso and legs together until body forms a “V” while extending arms at chest height in front of you. Hold for 5 seconds, and then lower to starting position to complete 1 rep.
- 360 Degree Cincher (works chest, abs, obliques, butts, thighs)
- Start on all fours. Extend right arm in front of you and raise left leg out to the side, bent 90 degrees. Draw right arm across the front of your body and bring left knee forward to touch fingertips to knee. Then sweep right arm and left leg behind you to touch fingertips to foot to complete 1 reps. Do 12 to 15 reps, then repeat on opposite side.
- Cardio Blast
- Stand with feet hip-width apart, knees soft. Bend elbows and raise hands in front of shoulders with palms facing away from you. Lift right knee to hip height and extend left arm overhead. Lower right leg and left arm, and repeat on opposite side. Continue, quickly alternating sides.