- 1 egg
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- Salt to taste
- ½ avocado, thickly sliced
- Drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil
- Squeeze of fresh lemon
- Optional: ½ cup cooked sausage, chopped and brown
- Soft boil the egg. Bring a small saucepan of water to a low, rolling boil over medium heat. Carefully add the egg and gently simmer for 5 minutes. Remove the egg, run under cool water, gently rap with the backside of a spoon to make a few cracks in the shell, run it back under cool water as you gently peel the shell. Set aside.
- Cook the oatmeal. Combine oats, water, and milk in a saucepan. Add a pinch of salt, bring to a simmer, and cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until smooth.
- Complete the dish. Pour oatmeal into a bowl and stir in sausage, if using. Top the bowl with avocado slices and the egg, and drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice.