If it produces results, I use it. The Underground method involves constantly varied mini cycles with an emphasis on mentally grueling workouts. You want some perfect scientific program? Science happens in a perfect world, and there is nothing perfect about working out. Working out means training the mind and the muscles.
Do 1A-1C as a circuit and 3A and 3B as a superset
- 1A: Trap Bar Deadlift – 5 sets of 3 to 5 reps
- 1B: Plyo Push Up – 5 sets of 3 to 5 reps
- 1C: One Arm Kettlebell Clean and Press – 5 sets of 3 reps (each arm)
- 2: Walking Kettlebell Lunge – 3 sets of 10 reps (each leg)
- 3A: Dumbbell Row – 3 sets of 10 reps
- 3B: Band Pull Apart – 3 sets of 30 reps
- 4: Prowler Sprint – 4 sets at 100 feet.
Top 3 Tips
- Go Out: Don’t do gym workouts exclusively. Train outdoors once a week, such as doing a park run with tree pull-ups and stone carries.
- Stick With The Lift: If you plateau on a lift, do 2-3 heavy sets, decreasing weight by 50 percent, and do 3 speed sets of 2 reps, then 3 sets of 10-15 reps.
- Get Focused: Get training partners. If you can’t, find things, such as music, that motivates you to lift heavier and kick ass in the gym.