Jump to a Hot Body
Torch 230 calories in 25 minutes with this fat-zapping routine.
Your Workout Plan:
- Workout intensity – moderately hard
- Total time – 25 minutes
- Equipment needed – a jump rope
- Calories burned – 230
Minutes 0 – 2
- Warm up: jog in place for 1 minute, then do shoulder rolls and heel raises for 30 seconds each.
- Hold both handles of the rope in your right hand and do arm circles to the side while doing walking lunges for 1 minute; switch rope to left hand and repeat.
- Jump rope at a moderate pace.
- Jump rope at a moderate pace doing small hops for side to side for 30 seconds, then front to back for 30 seconds; repeat twice.
- Hop on one foot for 30 seconds, then switch legs and repeat.
- Hold the rope with both hands and swing it in front of you in a full figure-eight motion 3 times, then do a squat, repeat.
- Hold both handles of the rope in your right hand and lasso it over your head while you jog in place for 1 minute; switch hands and repeat.
- Do lateral speed skater jumps
- Repeats minutes 2 -9
- Jump rope as fast as you can
- Cool down: march in place
To ensure you rope of the right length, stand on its center and pull the rope up until taut. The ends should be an inch below your shoulders.