Must Do Moves
Fight droopy desk butt with this simple plan. Do these office-friendly stretches several times a day. If your char has wheels, position it against the all for stability.
- Breath Dive –
- Stand with feet hip-width apart. Inhale as you sweep arms overhead to clasp hands.
- Hold breath for 10 to 15 seconds and tighten every muscle in body, attempting to pull hands apart and to spread the floor apart with feet.
- Exhale and return hands to sides. Let breath return to normal, then repeat 10 times.
- Glute Reboot –
- Stand facing a chair. Hinge at hips and place forearms on seat, allowing both knees to bend slightly.
- Contract core and buttocks as you raise right foot toward ceiling, keeping spine neutral. Hold for 5 seconds; then slowly lower. Repeat 5 times, then switch sides and repeat.
- Hip Flexor Stretch –
- Facing chair, step right foot onto seat and reach forward to rest hands on top of chair for stability. Bend left knee toward ground while contacting left gluteal muscles.
- Engage leg and hip muscles as if pulling both feet toward each other.
- Brace core, breathe deeply and hold for 30 seconds to 1 minute: switch sides and repeat.