The No Weight Workout
- Start with a few minutes of light calisthenics, such as jogging in place. Use a foam roller, if available, for release on areas identified as overactive or tight. Then perform progressive stretching; focus on calves, hip flexors, adductors, and lats. Hold each stretch for 30 seconds.
- Perform two sets of 12 reps of each exercise unless otherwise indicated.
Push-Up with Rotation
- Assume a push up position, arms and legs extended, body in a straight line from head to heels. Perform a push-up.
- At the top of the move, rotate your body so the left arm lifts up and extends overhead. Your arms and torso should form a T. return to the starting position, lower yourself, then push-up and rotate until your right hand points toward the ceiling.
Side Plank with Hip Abduction
- Lie on one side, legs straight and upper body propped on one forearm, elbow under shoulder. Contract your abs and raise your hips until your body is straight from ankles to head.
- Lift your top leg. Pause and lower. Repeat for full set. Turn to other side and repeat.
Side Lunge to balance
- Stand in a side lunge position, left leg extended and right bent, with your hips pressed back, hands on hips.
- Push off right leg, pulling up and in until upper leg is parallel to the floor. Balance on left leg for a few seconds. Return to starting lunge position and repeat. Switch after 12 reps.
- Assume a push-up position with arms completely straight-body forming a straight line from head to heels.
- Without allowing your lower-back posture to change, lift your foot off the floor and slowly raise your knees toward your chest. Return to the starting position, and repeat with your other leg, alternating back and forth. Repeat for 60 seconds.
Squat Jump with Stabilization
- Stand with feet pointed straight ahead, shoulder-width apart. Draw in your navel and contract your glutes as you descend into a squat position.
- Jump up, raising arms overhead; land softly. Hold the landing position for three seconds. Repeat for eight reps.
- Start in a standing position, then squat down and place your hands flat on the floor in front of you.
- Explosively kick both feet back to finish in a plank position, body in a straight line from head to heels. Explosively push through both feet to return to the squat position. Stand back to the starting position.
- Lie on your stomach with arms extended alongside your body, palms facing the floor. Draw in your navel, contract your glutes and pinch your shoulder blades together.
- Lift your chest and hands off the floor at the sae time, keeping your arms straight. Hold for two seconds, then slowly lower to the start position.
Floor Bridge with Knee Extension
- Lie on your back with knees bent and feet flat on the floor, shoulder-width apart. Draw in your navel and contract your glutes. Pushing through your heels, slowly lift your pelvis off the ground until knees, hips and shoulders are directly in line.
- Slowly extend one knee, completely straighten your leg and hold for a few seconds. Bend knee, return your foot to the floor and lower your pelvis to the starting position. Repeat , extending the opposite knee.
Single Leg Balance with Multiplanar Reach
- Balance on one leg, lifting the opposite leg beside you. Extend and point the lifted leg ad toe to the side (frontal plane), keeping hips facing forward and level. Hold this position for a few seconds, then return to the starting position.
- Repeat, lifting the leg forward (sagittal plane). Hold this position for a few seconds, then return to the starting position.
- Repeat, lifting diagonally back. Repeat steps for six reps, then switch sides.