High Achieving Abs
Have you been ignoring your midsection lately? This Olympic designed routine will quill the guilt and get results.
- Crunch Low Reach – 3 sets of 10 to 15 reps
- Crunch Low Reach with Twist – 3 sets of 10 to 15 reps
- Double Leg Eagle – 3 sets of 10 to 15 reps
- Side Up – 3 sets of 10 to 15 reps per side
- Spiral Unwind Leg Lift – 3 sets of 10 to 15 reps
- Crunch Low Reach – Lie on your back with your head on the floor, your legs in the air and knees bent at 90 degrees. Put your hands on the sides of your thighs. Raise your upper body as you reach forward and touch the floor near the level of your knees. Return to the starting position and repeat.
- Crunch Low Reach with Twist – Assume the same starting position as the crunch low reach except extend your arms straight over your head on the floor. Raise your torso, and as you come up, rotate your body to one side and touch the floor with both hands on that side, again near the level of your knees. Lower yourself to the starting position and repeat, rotating to the other side. Once to each side equals one rep.
- Double Leg Eagle – Lie on your back with your legs straight, body touching the floor from head to heels, and straighten your arms out to the sides of your body. Lift your legs about 5 inches off the floor and keep your feet together as you tap your heels to the floor to the right of your body. Then raise your legs again and tap your heels to the center, and finally lift them again and tap them to the left side. Repeat the sequence, always tapping in the center between the right and left taps. Once to all three positions equals one rep.
- Side Up – Assume a lateral plank position with your lower elbow resting on the floor and your feet elevated on a bench, chair or platform, holding your body aligned from head to heels. Lower your hip to the flop as far as you can comfortably go and then raise yourself up to the starting position. Complete 10 to 15 reps on one side, then switch to the other side to complete the set.
- Spiral Unwind Leg Lift – Lie on your back with your head on the floor, your arms out to the sides of your body, and your legs straight with your feet together and heels down. Keeping your feet together and your legs straight, raise them until they are at 90 degrees to your torso. Bend your knees and then lower your legs to the starting position.