Roasted Chicken Thighs with Potatoes, Zucchini and Olives
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound small zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ cup pitted green olives, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. chopped oregano
- 8 small bone-in skin-on chicken thighs, trimmed of excess skin and visible fat
- 1 tbsp. chopped dill
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Heat oil in a 12 to 14 inch nonstick skillet over high heat. Add potatoes, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring once or twice, until just soft, about 5 minutes. Add zucchini and cook, stirring occasionally, until just browned around edges, about 5 minutes. Stir in olives, garlic and oregano. Using s slotted spoon; transfer mixture to a large baking dish; set aside.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Place in skillet skin side up and cook over high heat until brown and crusty, about 5 minutes. Turn and cook until skin is lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to baking dish, skin side up, leaving rendered fat in skillet. Nestle chicken into vegetables and roast 25 minutes, or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced with a knife. Sprinkle with dill.
- 591 calories
- 35 grams protein
- 25 grams carbs
- 39 grams fat