More Muscle in Less Time
Get in the best shape of your life with just two – count ‘em, two – workouts of less than an hour a week.
Perform the workout twice a week changing the sets and reps each session. The first time you do the routine, perform it as written. The next time, switch the sets and reps – that is, exercises you did six sets of four reps the first time will now be done with three sets of eight, and vice versa. Rest three days between sessions. Perform the exercises as straight sets. On exercises you do six sets of four, choose a load that allows you six reps on your first set but perform only four.
Goblet Squat – 6 sets of 4 reps
- Hold a dumbbell or kettlebell by one end under your chin with both hands. Stand with feet shoulder – width apart and toes turned out slightly. Take a deep breath and bend your hips back. Lower your body as far as you can without losing the arch in your lower back.
Dumbbell Row – 3 sets of 6 reps (each side)
- Kneel on a bench with one knee and rest the hand on that side of the bench for support. Grasp a dumbbell with your free hand and pull it up and back to your pants pocket. Keep your shoulder level.
Dumbbell Romanian Deadlift – 6 sets of 4 reps
- Hold weighs in front of your legs and stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Take a deep breath and bend your hips back. Bend your knees as needed and continue lowering your torso until you feel you’re about to lose the arch in your lower back. Squeeze your glutes to extend your hips and return to the starting position.
Dumbbell Bench Press – 3 sets of 8 reps
- Lie back on a bench with a dumbbell in each hand at shoulder level. Press the weights over your chest.
Plank – 3 sets and hold as long as possible
- Get into pushup position and rest your forearms on the floor. Brace your abs and hold your body in a straight line.