Fat Burning Foods – Snack
Eat Two A Day – About 150 calories each
- Lentil Hummus and Crackers:
- In a blender or food processor, puree ½ cup rinsed and drained canned lentils, 2 tbsp. water, 2 tbsp. lemon juice, 2 tsp. olive oil, a pinch of cayenne pepper, and sea salt and black pepper to taste. Serve with 7 whole-grain sesame crackers.
- Quick Egg Salad on Crisp bread:
- In a small bowl, combine 1 diced hard-boiled egg, 2 tsp. olive oil mayonnaise, 1 tsp. Dijon mustard, and sea salt and black pepper to taste. Serve with 1 whole-grain crisp bread.
- Almond Butter Popcorn:
- Drizzle 1 tbsp. warmed almond butter over 1 ½ cups air-popped popcorn. Sprinkle with ½ tsp. cinnamon.
- Banana S’More:
- Top 1 whole-grain graham cracker square with ¼ mashed ripe banana and one ½ dark chocolate square. Microwave for 10 seconds, until chocolate is slightly melty.
- Parmesan Collard Chips and Almonds:
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Tear 2 cups stemmed collard green leaves into a chip-size pieces. Arrange on a baking sheet in a single layer, mist with cooking spray and sprinkle with 2 tbsp. shredded Parmesan. Bake for 15 minutes, or until crisp. Serve with 12 raw almonds.
- Mini Protein Plate with Grapes:
- Arrange 1 hard-boiled egg, 5 raw almonds and 10 red grapes