Savory Pistachio Snacking Granola
- 1 ½ cups shelled roasted, salted pistachios
- 1 cup walnut pieces, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 2 tbsp. millet
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ tsp. coarsely chopped rosemary
- ½ tsp. minced garlic
- ¼ tsp. curry powder
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 3 tbsp. grated Parmesan
- ¼ cup apricot jam
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 extra-large egg whites
- Heat the oven to 225 degrees. In a large bowl, combine pistachios, walnuts, coconut, millet and oats. In a medium bowl, whisk together rosemary, garlic, curry powder, cayenne pepper, Parmesan, jam, vinegar and egg whites. Stir liquid into nut mixture until completely coated.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread granola in a 1/2 –inch-thick layer. Bake 2 hours. Turn oven off and let granola cool completely in oven.
- Gently transfer granola to serving bowls, leaving it in chunks for snacking.
- 100 calories
- 3 grams protein
- 8 grams carbs
- 7 grams fat