Coconut Chicken Tender
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 ¼ cup sweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup seasoned Panko bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-insch strips
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- Combine flour, salt, and black pepper in a shallow dish large enough for chicken pieces. In another dish of the same size, combine coconut and bread crumbs. Place eggs in a third dish and beat with a fork.
- Coat each piece of chicken in the flour first, then egg, and then the coconut mixture.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tbsp. of oil to the pan and heat. Add chicken to the pan and cook five minutes, turn and cook another two to three minutes on the other side, depending on the thickness of the chicken. Repeat with remaining oil and chicken.
- 412 calories
- 1 grams fat
- 31 grams carbs
- 29 grams protein