Garlic Chicken with Asparagus
Bad for your breath, great for your heart, here’s what garlic can do for you.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 (4 oz.) boneless, skin-on chicken thighs, pounded to ¼ inch thickness.
- Kosher salt
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut crosswise into 1 inch pieces
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Grated zest and juice of 2 lemons
- extra-virgin olive oil
- Place a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add olive oil. Season both sides of the chicken with salt and black pepper. Put the chicken skin-side down in the pan and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Flip the chicken, add the garlic, and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add 1-cup water and deglaze the pan, scraping with a wooden spoon to loosen the browned bits on the bottom. Add the asparagus, red pepper flakes, and a pinch of salt. Cover and cook until the asparagus is crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the parsley, lemon zest and juice, and extra virgin olive oil.
- 434 calories
- 18 grams protein
- 40 grams fat
- 3 grams carbs