Olive Oil Poached Salmon
- 4 cups water
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- 4 skinless, center-cut salmon fillets (6 oz. each)
- 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 3 cups extra virgin olive oil
- Whisk water and salt in a large bowl. Add fillets and soak for 4 minutes. Remove and pat dry.
- Peel lemon into 1-inch strips. Rub a shallow skillet with lemon peel (skin side) and garlic, and leave both in the pan.
- Fill the skillet with enough oil to cover fillets. Heat on medium until a food thermometer reads about 125 degrees. Add fillets and cook until their internal temperature reached 115 to 145 degrees, about 10 to 12 minutes. (Adjust heat as needed to keep the oil temperature around 125 degrees.)
- Remove fillets to a wire rack to drain. Serve with lemon wedges and greens.
- 340 calories
- 21 grams fat
- 0 gram carbs
- 35 grams protein