Grilled Turkey Breast with Mushroom Sauce
- 1 4-5 pound turkey breast
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- ¼ cup shallot, diced
- 8 oz. baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 ½ cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 ½ tsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. thyme, minced
- Place a disposable foil pan underneath the grill grate to catch drippings. Prepare grill for indirect cooking over medium heat (350-450 degrees). Position the turkey breast skin side up on the grill over the foil pan. Close the lid and grill the turkey until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees in the thickest part of the breast, about 1 to 1 ¼ hours. Transfer to a clean cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes.
- While the turkey is cooking, make the sauce. Pour the canola oil into a skillet over medium heat. Add the diced shallot and mushrooms and sauté 8-10 minutes. Add the chicken broth and simmer 8-10 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the butter and flour. Slowly add the mushroom mixture, stirring all the while. Simmer 5-7 minutes, stirring often. Add thyme, then ladle sauce over the sliced turkey.
- 585 calories
- 80 grams protein
- 25 grams carbs
- 17 grams fat