Roasted Spaghetti Squash and Kale Pesto
- 1 large spaghetti squash (1 ½ – 2 pounds) halved lengthwise
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- Cooking spray
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 1 ½ cups lacinato kale (also known as Tuscan or dinosaur kale)
- ½ cup whole, raw almond
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Chopped basil
- Fresh Parmesan, shaved
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using a spoon, scoop out the pulp and seeds from the center of the squash. Drizzle the cut sides with 1 tbsp. of the oil and rub to coat, sprinkle with ¼ tsp. of the salt.
- Lightly coat a rimmed baking sheet with the cooking spray and place the squash halves on it, cut-side down, tucking a clove of garlic in the hollow space underneath each half. Roast for about 55 minutes or until fork-tender, flipping over squash halves for the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, prepare pesto. In a food processor, combine remaining salt, 1-2 cloves garlic, kale, almonds, and lemon juice, and pulse until coarsely chopped. Steam in the remaining olive oil and process until it forms a smooth paste.
- Remove the squash from the oven and allow it to cool for several minutes. Then, using a fork, scrap the strands of spaghetti into a bowl. Fold in the kale pesto. Top with fresh basil and Parmesan and serve.