Seared Tuna with Orange and Jicama Salsa
- 4 yellow tuna steaks (6 oz. each)
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 2 cups olive oil
- 2 oranges
- 2 cups grated jicama
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped red chili pepper
- 1 ½ tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 pinch salt
- Zest one orange, and then segment both over a bowl, reserving any juice.
- Combine orange segments, juice, and zest with remaining salsa ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove tuna from fridge 10 minutes prior to cooking and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Sear tuna for 2 minutes, flip, and then sear 1 to 2 minutes longer.
- Using tongs, sear the edges.
- Serve with salsa.
4 grams fat
15 grams carbs
7 grams sugar
41 grams protein