High Protein Oatmeal Pancakes
- 1 cup fat-free milk (or water)
- ¾ cup oatmeal (uncooked quick oats)
- ¾ cup oatmeal flour
- 1 scoop low-carb vanilla whey protein (about 26 grams of whey protein)
- 1 tsp. baking powder (optional)
- ¼ tsp. salt (optional)
- 4 large egg whites
- ½ tsp. cinnamon, ground
- Reserve the ¾ cup quick oats in a small bowl
- Mix all remaining dry ingredients together and set aside.
- Using a hand mixer, beat egg whites into a thick foam (about 2 minutes) and set aside.
- Heat milk (or water) and pour into a medium-sized bowl.
- Quickly stir in quick oats. Mixture will be the consistency of thin oatmeal.
- Stir the remaining dry ingredients into quick oats/hot milk (or water) mixture
- Fold egg white foam into oatmeal mixture; blend well.
- Batter will be thicker than regular pancake batter.
- Spray a skillet with nonstick cooking spray and cook pancakes until browned on both sides.
- Serve with sugar-free pancake syrup
- 373 calories
- 33 grams protein
- 50 grams carbs
- 6 grams fat