Poached Salmon with Green Herb Sauce
• 4 white tea, jasmine tea or green tea bags
• 2 large wild Alaskan (or any) salmon fillets, skin removed (1 ½ pounds total)
• ¼ cup olive oil
• 2 tbs lemon juice
• 2 tbs finely chopped basil
• 2 tbs finely chopped parsley
• 2 tbs finely chopped chives
• 1 tps finely chopped oregano
• 1 tps thyme leaves
• 1 small garlic clove, minced
1. Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a large skillet. Add tea bags, remove from heat, cover, and let steep 2 minutes. Remove tea bags and discard.
2. Bring tea bags to a boil, and add fillets. Reduce heat, cover, and poach 8-12 minutes, depending on thickness, until fillets are opaque in center. Remove fish from pan with slotted spoon, draining off water.
3. While fish is cooking, combine olive oil, lemon juice, basil, parsley, chives, oregano, thyme, and garlic in a small jar with a tight lid. Shake to mix. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Arrange fish fillets on a plate, top with sauce, serve.